Welcome, back. The Ransomware Roundup has been on hiatus because: 2020.
A list of this ransomware articles from the last week or so.
- Why Paying to Delete Stolen Data is Bonkers
- GEO Group Announces Ransomware Attack as Stocks Plunge
- Cyberattack on U. of Vermont hospital IT network delays chemotherapy, mammogram appointments
- Ransomware attack forces web hosting provider Managed.com to take servers offline
Ransomware Tweet of the Week
Ooh, look at this.
A Twitter bot with a new approach to naming vulnerabilities. CVE numbers are not human-friendly. Some bug names are ridiculous. (ahem Meltdown.) Read the blog post Vulnonym: Stop the Naming Madness and follow @vulnonym.
Helping abuse.ch if you can
abuse.ch is a one-person operation and the operator is turning to the community for help to keep the project going:
READ Moving Forward
If you are not already familiar, definitely take a look at the abuse.ch projects:
A long read or two.
- Ryuk Speed Run, 2 Hours to Ransom - The DFIR Report
- Targeted ransomware: it’s not just about encrypting your data!